What is a Witcher? TV Shows Ace has been writing with big anticipation for the new Netflix series, The Witcher. Starring Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia, this is the series that will immediately win over the Game of Thrones crowd. On Monday, Netflix released a new video. It features Henry Cavill trying to explain what a Witcher is. What did he have to say? Be aware, some of this information could be considered very minimal spoilers. At the same time, it will help you understand what is going on when you stream the show on December 20.
What Is A Witcher?
In the new Netflix video, Henry Cavill answers the question, “What is a Witcher?” A Witcher is created. What is interesting is that a Witcher takes a lot of different potents and they can “enhance them in various and different ways.” Most of all, a Witcher is complex. People fear him, and he uses that fear to help him do his job.
Henry Cavill explains in the trailer that “A Witcher is a mutant.” He is trained to hunt and kill monsters. “You are almost universally hated by every species on the Continent.” But, he does have a “sense of humor.”
Cavill also explains that Geralt is “Quite good, but capable of doing bad things.”
Henry Cavill Promoting New Series
Superman actor Henry Cavill has been busy promoting the new Netflix series. They did a big event in Los Angeles last week, causing a lot of Hollywood buzz. This week, he surprised fans in Brazil, at the Comic-Con. Fans around the world are getting very excited about the series.
As TV Shows Ace previously reported, he had to overcome a lot of objections until the series creator, Lauren Schmidt Hissrich finally cast him as Geralt of Rivia. Although he contacted her before she cast the role, she tested 207 other actors before contacting him. But, his own problems with bullying as an overweight youth and later, rejection when he first became an actor helped him to become tougher and more determined.
When Does The New Netflix Series The Witcher Start?
Netflix will drop The Witcher on December 20. The eight episode titles include:
- “The End’s Beginning” (“A monster slain, a butcher named”)
- “Four Marks” (“We look at a sorceress’s earlier days”)
- “Betrayer Moon” (“A picky eater, a family shamed”)
- “Of Banquets, Bastards and Burials” (“The Law of Surprise is how one repays”)
- “Bottled Appetites” (“A fateful meeting, a bard is maimed”)
- “Rare Species” (“The hunt for a dragon is underway”)
- “Before A Fall” (“A return to before a kingdom is flamed”)
- “Much More” (“The Witcher Family, as you all like to say”)
The titles themselves should give an indication that you are venturing to a unique world. Part of the reason is that the original texts are so rich. Polish author, Andrzej Sapkowski, created The Witcher book series. There is now a Witcher video game and a comic book series. Now, with the Netflix series, there is yet another way to consume this series. Netflix has already renewed The Witcher for Season 2.
Are you planning on watching The Witcher? Be sure to check back with TV Shows Ace for the latest Netflix news.
Latest posts by Georgia Makitalo (see all)
- ‘Revenge’ Reboot May Become Anthology Series, With New Cast Every Year - January 20, 2020
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Sir Patrick Stewart Nearly Turned Down Jean-Luc Return Role - January 19, 2020
- Dylan Neal: ‘Gourmet Detective: Roux The Day’ Returns Thanks To Fans - January 19, 2020