The fans of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are shocked today by the news coming out from Chris Harrison. There has been a lot of drama lately over racism and Chris was right in the middle of it. He has actually decided to step down from his position as the host of the show. This is not something a lot of fans are going to be happy about and others think it was the right thing. Right now, nobody even knows if he will return.
Chris Harrison steps down
The news is here about Chris Harrison stepping down. Chris is being honest about his thoughts and didn’t hold back. In a statement on Saturday, he shared what is going on. Chris said that he is “ashamed over how uniformed I was” during an interview he had with Rachel Lindsay this week. Chris went on to say even more. He revealed, “I have no one to blame but myself for what I said and the way I spoke.” He went on to say that he will be “stepping aside for a period of time.” Chris Harrison made it clear that he won’t be helping out and hosting After the Final Rose this season. So far, they haven’t shared who will take over that spot. Rachel Lindsay made it pretty clear that she is done with the franchise.
Chris Harrison did explain that he wants to become more educated on the topic.
Harrison makes his original statement
Chris Harrison made an original statement about it two days ago. You can see it below.
It turns out that Chris Harrison didn’t think that was good enough considering what went down today. In last week’s interview with Rachel Lindsay, he said, “We all need to have a little grace, a little understanding, a little compassion. I’ve seen some stuff online, again this ‘judge jury executioner’ thing where people are just tearing this girl’s life apart and diving into her parents and her parents’ voting record,” he told Lindsay. “It’s unbelievably alarming to watch this.”
Fans share their thoughts on his post
The fans of The Bachelor are speaking out about Chris Harrison on the original posts he made on his Instagram. Here is some of what they had to say in response.
- katlynnmahl I’m so sad about all this. I have watched since the beginning. This is not how I thought you would leave this show.
- bk_2728 Im sure you didnt mean to hurts anybody and im sure you will think before you talk next time… I forgive you and love you..DO NOT RESIGN.❤🌹🍷
- ooky30002020 Chris we love u, please don’t leave completely. Stay strong. You are a good man. The Bachelor would not be the same without you xxxxx
- thechelseagraves @upsdeanna I agree with you. They are raking him over the coals. Why is that okay after he has sincerely issues many apologies? I really think he had the best intentions but just made an honest mistake in how he said it. Does that just label him as a racist how does the rest of his life? We all need to offer everyone a little grace and compassion. Has everyone that is coming at him never said anything they regret and then later realize and apologized to try and make it better? No one is perfect. We are all human. Creating this divide and hate over someone who is genuinely sorry and apologized is furthering the hate and the divide in this county.
- maggiekollmorgen2019 I have your back chirs Harrison you did nothing wrong
- erinwojo11 If this makes people feel better,ok.. but not sure I will watch anymore without you Chris. You are the face of Bachelor Nation! ❤️❤️
- renee2405 We all makes mistakes! Education is key!!! We need you there
- paulinemorrissey So many Karens/Karens in the making defending this man in the comments! 🙄
- shmemilyyyyy @lisa.michelle.palmer All Ya’ll on this thread are so funny because he was literally gone for a few episodes last Bachelorette season for family reasons and that was fine but now since it’s about this you “can’t watch without him.” 😬 That speaks volumes right there
- estefaniaswartzz He’s only apologizing because it got so much attention. You’re a grown man, Chris. You chose what to say, and what you chose was to defend racist “traditions” and to call POC the “woke police” for trying to bring attention to it.
- llockwood65 Too little, too late. How could you not know what you said was incredibly ignorant and hurtful? You seem like a fairly intelligent person. I don’t get it.
Don’t miss watching The Bachelor with Matt James on Monday nights on ABC. All of this was already filmed, so you can assume Chris Harrison will still be there. He did say he won’t be showing up at After the Final Rose, though.