'The Bachelor' host Chris Harrison via Instagram

Will ‘The Bachelor’ Spin-Off Aimed At Seniors Still Happen? Rob Mills Shares Details

Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, Bachelorette, News, Reality TV, Rumors

Everyone wants to find love, including elderly men and women. Just before the coronavirus pandemic shut down the world, there were casting calls for seniors looking for love. With all versions of The Bachelor on hold, the senior citizen spin-off was placed on hold too. Now as production is starting to resume many are wondering if this spin-off could still happen.

Rob Mills speaks out about The Bachelor senior edition

Variety caught up with ABC’s top unscripted executive, Rob Mills for the scoop. Prior to the coronavirus the senior spin-off could have aired as early as fall 2020. Now, that won’t happen, but producers are confident the show will go on.

The idea is very much alive according to Mills. In fact, the process for getting the show on the air was further along than Bachelor Nation may have realized.

Mills said, “Some of the casting interviews we got, they were just so touching.” He continued, “It’s such a different way of doing The Bachelor because these people are just at a totally different place in their lives. There is an interesting thing about people who have hit the other end of the spectrum, who’ve lived their lives, they’ve raised their kids, some have been widowed or divorced and maybe some have never been in love. We thought that would be an interesting dynamic through the Bachelor prism.”

Things that would be different from the original series

Mills noted that on the senior edition of The Bachelor hometowns would be different. Instead of meeting parents, the contestants would be meeting the lead’s children. He went on to say everyone loves the elderly and they have some amazing love stories to tell. He is very confident the show will happen one day.

While the spin-off is sure to reach televisions one day, for now they are focused on getting the main shows up and running. Mills said their priority at the moment is The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. 

The other Bachelor shows

Clare Crawley and her group of men just headed out to start filming The Bachelorette in California.  Covid-19 tests await the arriving contestants.  Then comes quarantine while they wait for results. Filming will take place in one exclusive resort. Once filming wraps, Clare’s season will air this fall on Tuesday nights.

Once producers can get The Bachelor and The Bachelorette up and running they will focus more on Bachelor in Paradise. 

Mills said, “God willing, we return to some sort of normalcy in the world; we will obviously want to get back to Bachelor in Paradise because that will have been off for a year, but then I think we will absolutely want to get back to this.” He said, “We absolutely want to get it done, but we want to do it right, do it safely and not at the expense of the other Bachelor cycles. So, it’s on hold, but I have to say, we had never seen a response like we’d seen here.”

As far as the senior edition of The Bachelor is concerned Mills feels the coronavirus shouldn’t impact it much. He said, “We could test people and quarantine them, so we’ll see.” Mills continued, “But, I think it probably wouldn’t be until the 2021-2022 TV season, and we’re all hoping the world has returned to some sort of normalcy by then.”

Stay tuned for more details as they become available.

Articles You May Like

‘Dexter’ Revival: Release Date, Cast, What We Know So Far
Javi Marroquin Calls Cops On Lauren Comeau For Abuse, Guess Who Has His Back On This?
‘Y&R’ Spoilers: Sally Wants Revenge And Nick Newman?
Wait, Are Amelia And Delilah Hamlin Extreme Sisters?!
‘Uncoupled’ On Netflix: Release Date, What We Know Right Now

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *