Welcome to Plathville couple, Ethan and Oliva Plath get a lot of love from fans of the new TLC show. On Olivia’s Instagram, it’s becoming clear they fast become the fan-favorites. Some of them even hope for a spinoff of the couple. Certainly, they seem far more popular than Ethan’s strict and seeingly humorless mother, Kim Plath.
Welcome to Plathville – Olivia and Ethan Plath get criticism from mom Kim
TV shows Ace reported that Olivia’s quite active on her Instagram. In fact, she shares her hopes and fears and pain over there. In one article we wrote, we noted that she poured out her heart about how it hurts her as her in-laws don’t seem to love her at all. If you have not yet watched the show, TLC brings just six episodes to the new series. But, it’s contentious and fans already say they want to see more of it.
Welcome To Plathville brings us Kim and Barry Plath. They lost one child due to an accident, and the remaining nine children have strong religious beliefs and a very restrictive upbringing. Down on the 55-hectare farm in Georgia, they get denied technology, sugar, sodas, and more. But, the eldest son Ethan married Olivia. Also, from a religious background, she is at least a bit more aware of real day-to-day life. And, Kim hates that she “influences” the other kids for the worst. Kim runs the roost and disapproves of Olivia. Cheatsheet reminds us, “Both Ethan and Olivia claim that Kim runs the show and that Barry is merely along for the ride.”
Ethan and Oliva popular on social media – fan-favorites
The popularity of the couple really showed when Olivia posted up some nice photos of her and Ethan for Thanksgiving. We’re not sure if they were throwback photos, but she tagged them as being in “Gaisberg, Salzburg, Austria.” Perhaps that is where they went on their honeymoon. The newly minted Welcome To Plathville star captioned it very beautifully and gave Ethan a loving shoutout.
“Thankful that out of all the beautiful people in the world, you chose me,” she wrote. Olivia continued with, “Thankful that you’ve laughed with me, stood up for me and loved me so sweetly and tenderly.” Maybe referring to the family issues with Kim and Barry, she then continued. She said, “It’s gonna be a long road, but we will walk it together and that’s all that matters. On this Thanksgiving and every one after, I’m so thankful for you, Ethan Daniel Plath. ♥️ As we said in our vows, may my heart be your shelter and my arms be your home. ✨” Fans who responded showed they are firm fan-favorites.
Fans respond to Olivia’s Thanksgiving post with love
Enthusiastic Welcome To Plathville fans responded with love. And, many of those noted that it’s nice to see a “good Christian” couple living with grace despite condemnation. Here’s what some of those fans said:
- “What the two of you share will impact so many. You are wise. You are brave. You are strong. Together, you will reveal to extended family that there is no need to fear. God has not given us a spirit of fear but of Power and Love and a Sound Mind. I love your show!”
- “I hope y’all had an amazing thanksgiving ❤️ you deserve peace and nothing but love. There are few truly good souls left in the world!”
- “What a beautiful thing to say … just simply beautiful…love you two …..very nice looking couple you make together ❤️.”
- “Happy Thanksgiving! You guys are adorable!”
- “You two have become my favorite couple of any show on any reality show. I’m so happy that you are showing the world that you can be good AND enjoy life!”
One follower suggested a spinoff from TLC that features Olivia and Ethan over the coming years.
View this post on Instagram
Thankful that out of all the beautiful people in the world, you chose me. Thankful that you’ve laughed with me, stood up for me and loved me so sweetly and tenderly. It’s gonna be a long road, but we will walk it together and that’s all that matters. On this Thanksgiving and every one after, I’m so thankful for you, Ethan Daniel Plath ♥️ As we said in our vows, may my heart be your shelter and my arms be your home. ✨ Photo credits to the one and only @lukasleontephotography
What do you think about Olivia and Ethan Plath fast becoming fan favorites of the new show? Do you hope TLC does a spinoff so we can follow Ethan and Olivia Plath’s story a bit more? Sound off your thoughts in the comments below.
Remember to check back with TV Shows Ace often for more news about the cast of TLC’s Welcome to Plathville.
- UPDATE On ’90 Day Fiance’ Stars Jenny & Sumit After COVID Diagnosis - May 6, 2021
- Where Is ‘Unexpected’ Alum Diego Reyes These Days? - May 6, 2021
- Emma Johnston Gives Fans A Vote For Her New Hairdo - May 6, 2021