Kelly Clarkson performed her rendition of “Lost In Your Eyes” by Debbie Gibson. In her latest “Kellyoke” segment, she sang a dreamy cover that had fans swooning. Gibson wrote the song in late 1987 for her second album, Electric Youth. However, it didn’t drop until January 6, 1989. “Lost In Your Eyes” debuted at No. 42 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart during the week of January 21.
It didn’t go No. 1 until March 4, where it climbed to No. 1 and stayed there for three weeks. “Lost In Your Eyes” became her most successful single. It also hit No. 1 in Canada for three weeks, and outside of North America.
Kelly Clarkson sings the pretty ballad
On the Friday, May 14, Kelly Clarkson and her band Y’all performed this cover. This time, the singer wore a gray denim dress with black boots and a matching belt. Clarkson paired her look with silver dangling earrings. She sang the beautiful ballad as the blue and red lights flashed behind her.
Once again, fans shared their praises for the song. As of Friday afternoon, the video posted on The Kelly Clarkson Show YouTube page amassed over 5,000 views. Fans could hear the pain in her voice. They wonder how hard it must be for her to sing emotional songs amid her divorce.
- “Is it just me, or every time I listen to Kelly sing a love song my heart breaks for her. How does she not break down crying? Divorce sucks!”
- “If Kelly ever missed a note, you wouldn’t even know it. And really, who cares…She’s Kelly Fricken Clarkson.”
- “Her uptempo rockin’ songs are great, but she just shines when she sings a ballad.”
- “This is one of the classic ‘Forgotten’ songs. I love Kelly for singing it and exploring all sorts of songs.”
- “She is so amazing. I just don’t understand how she can be so elegant.”
Fans don’t have anything bad to say about Clarkson’s “Kellyoke” covers. They feel that each one is effortless and just as good as the last one. One fan said that the “worst part” of “Kellyoke” is when she stops singing. Fans agree that Clarkson keeps slaying her performances.
Will she ever release a country album?
Some Kelly Clarkson fans are looking for the singer to release a country album. “Imagine if Kelly were to release a country album,” one fan noted. Some noticed that Clarkson’s cover had country touches on it. She could add a little bit of country to any song.
In a previous report on Country Music Alley, Clarkson gave a country rendition of the hit song “Home” by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. The indie song ended up as a smash hit in 2010. This version had fans stomping their feet along to the music. At the time, they also asked for a country album.
What are your thoughts on this latest “Kellyoke” segment? Sound off below.
- ‘RHOBH’: Is Lisa Rinna A Hypocrite When It Comes To Her Friends?! - June 24, 2021
- ‘RHOD’: Loose Lips Sink Ships For Brandi Redmond’s Husband Bryan - June 24, 2021
- Is Erika Jayne Interested In Dating After Tom Girardi Divorce? - June 24, 2021