Love After Lockup star Brittany Santiago completed writing her book, One Woman’s Journey: Surviving the Streets back in January. The digital version came out and first, but the paperback became available soon after. The book’s available on Amazon. When it first came out, the few fans who purchased it described the book as impossible to put down. Now, more readers’ reviews reveal the book brings a powerful message.
Love After Lockup – Brittany Santago’s book not an easy read
One Woman’s Journey: Surviving the Streets released in April this year. The preview talks about how she got involved in drugs. Plus, she talks about how growing up with alcohol meant a traumatic childhood. The book isn’t an easy read, and takes readers into some dark places. But the reality of it comes through clearly. The short extract on Amazon reveals that Brittany dug deep in her memory and brought the horrid side of her earlier years to life.
The Love After Lockup star wrote, “I was vaguely aware of all the meth heads and dealers in the room watching me fall apart. “Give her a shot,” I heard Chulengo say to someone. I didn’t know whom he was talking to or what he was talking about, and before I even tried to figure it out, a strange man kneeled on the ground next to me. He grabbed my arm and told me to try to relax. I lay there lifeless, watching him and not knowing my life was getting ready to take a turn for the worst.”
Reader reviews 88 percent positive
The book’s page on Amazon reveals that 88 percent of the reviews rated as 5-stars. The 331 pages apparently leave the ending open for a continuation. Nevertheless, verified buyers seem happy enough. Here are some of the reviews from them.
- @Sequoia Hammel: “I have watched Brittany on Love After Lockup. She is always positive and REAL! When I heard about her book, i had to read it ASAP. I now understand why Brittany is the fierce Mom and wife she is today. My heart ached, and broke for her NUMEROUS times while reading her story. She was failed so many times by so many people. Addiction is no joke! I could not put my kindle down. Have some tissues ready. I look forward to reading the next book in the trilogy. Brittany Dodd-Santiago is a SURVIVOR!”
- @Jen Azevedo: “I thought this book was very well written. I’m bummed the book stops but in a way I’m glad it’s not over. This is a classic tale of a child of an alcoholics life and how fast the cycle repeats itself.”
- @Michelle Weed: “This book is heart breaking… powerful and such an eye opener. I lived a similar life that young and its absolutely amazing to read in the mind of another amazing person to fight through horrible struggles no child should ever go through. YOU ARE AMAZING STRONG AND A TRUE INSPIRATION. If you haven’t read this you really should. Grabs some tissues this is a real life journey. This for sure a 5 star read!”
More than 70 similar reviews came in for the Love After Lockup star’s book.
Other ratings – 4 stars or less
Four percent gave the book one star. One reader complained because the cover seemed upside down. That reader felt the book came over a bit disjointed. Meanwhile, two percent of readers gave it three stars. And, six percent rated One Woman’s Journey: Surviving the Streets at four stars.
Did you read Brittany’s book? What did you think of it? Sound off in the comments below.
- ‘Seeking Sister Wife’ Fans Like The Way The Winders Court - May 14, 2021
- ’90 Day Fiance’: Maxwell Jessen Interviews A Politican - May 14, 2021
- ‘Below Deck Down Under’: Where Can You Watch It? - May 14, 2021