'Bachelor' Alum Clare Crawley via Instagram

Does ‘The Bachelor’ Announcement Mean Clare Crawley’s Season Of ‘The Bachelorette’ Is Canceled?

Bachelor, Bachelorette, News, Reality TV

In a surprise announcement Friday morning, Matt James was named the 2021 Bachelor. The announcement came on the heels of a petition many Bachelor alums and fans have been signing to get more diversity on the franchise. Now, with Matt being named the new lead, many are wondering what this all means for Clare Crawley. Will there be a season of The Bachelorette?

Will Clare still have a season?

E!News shared details about Clare’s season. According to ABC reps, The Bachelor announcement has nothing to do with The Bachelorette filming. It is definitely not being canceled. They are assuring fans her season will still take place. Season 16 was shut down due to coronavirus concerns the day before filming was to begin. Producers are working hard to put a plan in motion to get Clare’s season up and filming.

Some of the options producers have been exploring include cutting travel and filming in one location. If they film in one place, contestants would be in one place for the entire season. No hometowns, no travel, all of that would be cut out. Contestants would also be screened for COVID-19 prior to entering the resort.

The contestants

Contestants had been selected and lined up for Clare’s season until corona reared her ugly head. Matt James was one of the contestants. Of course, now that he’s been named The Bachelor he will obviously not be joining her season. He said when he was first offered the job he thought wait I don’t get to meet Clare anymore.

Now, host Chris Harrison and other execs have said most likely Clare’s season will be almost completely recast. Chris said, “The chances are, for everybody to be able to put their life on hold and come back again is very slim. So yeah, we are still casting, so if you have somebody you think is great for this beautiful woman right here.”  And, the fact that Matt was already named The Bachelor could work out in Clare’s favor. Hopefully more men will be there for the right reasons since they know they won’t have a shot as the Season 25 lead.

ABC exec Robert Mills said, “We definitely want to get Bachelorette in the can because we announced Clare, everyone’s excited for it, there’s all these plans for it, but that might take longer to logistically figure out.”

And, Mills knows how badly fans are missing their favorite reality show. He said they are working hard to get everything rolling again. Stay tuned for more details as soon as more news become available about filming of The Bachelorette.

Articles You May Like

Carlin Bates Talks About High-Risk Pregnancy, Baby’s Gender, And More
Mother-In-Law Amy Roloff Hosts Amazing Baby Shower For Isabel
Hannah Brown Trashed By Fans For Fluffy Pink Dress
JoJo Siwa And Jenna Johnson Tie For First On ‘DWTS’ Season 30
‘Wentworth’ Season 9 Netflix Release Date: What To Expect, When

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *