Bill Hutchinson is selling off all of his real estate assets in the midst of his ongoing sexual assault scandal. The former Marrying Millions star was accused of one felony and five misdemeanors, all involving minors. The 63-year-old real estate developer once had a net worth of approximately 100 million dollars. Clearly, that is no longer. How did he get here and at what cost?
The Marrying Millions Scandal
Viewers met Bill when he appeared alongside his now-fiancee Brianna Ramirez. The two had a forty-year age gap but he smothered her with gifts and love. Sadly, it all took a turn when a seventeen-year-old girl accused Bill of inappropriate behavior towards her. She had been living with him at the time, had been drinking, and fell asleep on the couch.
When she awoke, she found Bill assaulting her. Additionally, he was accused of allowing underage kids to have parties in his home. He would provide the alcohol and marijuana for said parties. Because the assault happened in Texas and the age of consent is seventeen, he almost got away with it. Except, the girl did not consent. Then, there were more girls coming forward.
It resulted in the felony and misdemeanor counts which spanned both Texas, where Bill resided and California. The exact charges in California are one felony count of rape and five misdemeanor counts of sexual battery. The civil suit in Texas includes one felony of sexual assault. Why were minor girls living with Bill? There was a bevy of reasons and now he is starting to pay the price.
Hutchinson has an impressive real estate portfolio per the New York Post. However, he is selling off everything in the wake of these allegations. The total is roughly twenty-five million dollars despite his net worth of 100 million. Here is what is going:
- He already sold his Miami vacation home for $10 million dollars. The asking price was just $8.2 million yet it went up prior to the scandal. In real estate, this is not a material detail so no need to tell the buyer who owned it. Chad Carroll sold the home, alongside Matthew Dugow and had this to say: “The home is one of a kind. With the hot market and inventory shortage we are experiencing in Miami, we knew we could get more for it so we raised the price and closed for $2 million above the initial ask.”
- Bill’s Laguna Beach home is listed for $6.885 million.
- His Carmel, California home was originally listed for $9.5 million but dropped a million a few weeks back.
- Bill secretly sold his Texas home in August of 2020 for $3.325 million.
He has continued to plead not guilty however Lifetime has taken Marrying Millions off of their website. Stay tuned for more as the story continues to unfold.
- ‘Love After Lockup’: Maurice Arrested AGAIN With 20K Bond - October 15, 2021
- ’90 Day Fiance’: Geoffrey Paschel’s Son Collecting Money After Conviction - October 14, 2021
- ‘The Family Chantel’: Chantel Everett’s Net Worth Revealed - October 14, 2021