Below Deck fans remember Raquel “Rocky” Dakota. She was the whacky stew who drove former chief stew, Kate Chastain, crazy. She was known for her signature laugh and mermaid fin. Rocky almost quit and literally jumped ship when Captain Lee Rosbach fired Chef Leon Walker.
Season 3 had as many changes as Below Deck Mediterranean Season 5. And it was packed with its share of drama. Leon wasn’t the only one who got the pink slip. Deckhand Dane Jackson got fired as well.
Now, Captain Lee is revealing that he would’ve fired Rocky as well. This comes after a fan wondered why she didn’t get the boot.
Below Deck seasoned captain would’ve fired Rocky
On Thursday, October 29, a fan named “Benny” wondered why Captain Lee didn’t fire Rocky during Season 3 of Below Deck. Captain Lee noticed the fan’s tweet and responded.
“Oh, it was close, so close,” he tweeted. Some of the fans took to Lee’s tweets to share their thoughts on Season 3. Most of them forgot how crazy that season was. Others agreed with Lee’s sentiment.
- “One of the few crew members you’ve had that I just couldn’t handle. Set my nerves on fire.”
- “I remember two things about her: She always looked up during her interviews and she put grenadine in oysters.”
- “That was a crazy season. Not as many viewers in those days and as I would express the craziness the more of my friends watched.”
- “No one relied on her for anything. The Stews basically as if she didn’t exist. She was HORRIBLE.”
- “Rocky was a mess. That was hard to watch.”
But not all the comments were negative. One fan said that they loved “Rocky’s free spirit and love of life.” But that doesn’t mean they would work with her. Not only did she struggle to do her job, but she also feuded with Kate.
Oh, it was close, so close. https://t.co/4EBRCH8Gqh
— Captain Lee (@capthlr) October 30, 2020
She also had a secret hookup with bosun Eddie Lucas, who had a girlfriend at the time. Their relationship impacted her job. She caught feelings the moment he distanced himself from her.
Captain Lee has a message for Rocky
The Below Deck star previously reflected back on Season 3. In a follow-up tweet, he addressed Rocky’s performance on his Bravo blog.
“Rocky, I had such hope for you,” he wrote. “All you have to do to finish well is your job and just let things be. Bu that is not going to be the case from the looks of it.”
He also noted Emile Kotze’s crush on Rocky. Their friendship took an awkward turn when she revealed to him that she hooked up with Eddie. In his blog post, Lee said that Rocky “tied Emile up into such an emotional knot that it may take months of therapy to unravel him.” He noticed that Emile couldn’t concentrate on his job because of his feelings for Rocky.
But now it’s time to focus on a new season. Captain Lee and bosun Eddie will return to Season 8. While Rocky is no longer working in the yachting, there are plenty of crew members to get the drama going. Below Deck Season 8 premieres Monday, November 2 at 9 p.m. ET on Bravo.
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Wait, Is Captain Sandy Yawn Retiring From Yachting?! - September 27, 2021
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Bobby Reveals Season 2 Regret With Hannah - September 27, 2021
- Hannah Ferrier Could Return On ‘Below Deck Australia’ And Here’s Why - September 27, 2021