It’s the end of an era this week on Days of Our Lives. Actress Kristian Alfonso’s final scenes as Hope Brady air later this week. Since her decision to leave came months after filming, her exit doesn’t give fans any closure.
What do we know about Hope and Kristian Alfonso’s final scenes?
Kristian Alfonso Gives Sneak Peek At Last DOOL Scenes
Kristian Alfonso’s announcement in July that she was leaving DOOL ROCKED the soap community. She has been portraying Hope Brady on-and-off for 37 years. For many fans, the actress has been a staple throughout their days of watching Days of Our Lives.
Hope Williams Brady is a legacy character, the granddaughter of Alice Horton (Frances Reid.) The romance between Hope and Bo Brady (Peter Reckell) is one for the soap history books! Peter Reckell left the soap in 2015. He requested for Bo to die to wrap the story up. The character succumbed in the arms of his true love, Hope.
Earlier this summer, Kristian Alfonso made the announcement that she would not return to the soap when production resumed in September. It seems she didn’t like the headwriters’ plan for Hope to mysteriously disappear from the screen for six months. So she chose to disappear from the screen forever instead.
Hope’s daughter, Ciara (Victoria Konefal,) is presumed dead on DOOL. She’s teamed up with Ciara’s love interest, Ben (Robert Scott Wilson) to find out what happened to Ciara. This week, the pair get bad news and then it seems Hope just quietly disappears from the canvas.
The actress shared photos from her final scenes on her Instagram.
Could She Return to Wrap Up Storyline?
At the time of her exit interview, it did not sound like Kristian Alfonso would be open to returning for a short stint. However, anything can – and usually does – happen when it comes to DOOL. Due to the actress leaving when the show wasn’t filming new episodes, Hope’s exit will be abrupt.
Fans React to Actress Leaving
Needless to say, DOOL fans are VERY upset about Kristian Alfonso and Hope leaving the show. While the soap could recast the role, it would be difficult for the audience to accept anyone trying to fill her heels. It’s going to be hard enough for fans to accept All My Children actress Cady McClain temporarily stepping in to play Jennifer Horton Deveraux. (Melissa Reeves, who just celebrated her 35th anniversary of her DOOL debut, chose not to resume production during the pandemic.)
Fans took to Kristian Alfonso’s Instagram post about her final days to say goodbye. Some of the comments include:
- You will be so missed. I have watched Days since I was 13 or so. I’m 52! I don’t remember Days without you. Happy retirement or whatever you have ahead. You’re amazing 👏 ❤️
- 😢It is an end of an era, you will be missed. Days of Our Lives should never recast the role. You will always be the only Hope Williams Brady. Good luck on your next chapter!
- Say it isn’t so😥. Named my daughter after Hope💜.
- Days won’t be the same without you!
Will you miss Kristian Alfonso as Hope? Head over to our Facebook page and drop a comment.
Days of Our Lives airs weekdays on NBC.
- Abigail Heringer Tells Followers Not To F**K With Her - March 6, 2021
- How Did Abigail Heringer Rise Above The ‘Bachelor’ Drama? - March 6, 2021
- Andi Dorfman Wants To Get In The Room And ‘Challenge’ Bachelor Execs - March 6, 2021