Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar announced they were “finally back into the swing of things with our fall school schedule” a few days ago on Instagram. And, in that announcement, they shared one of their favorite school lessons with their Instagram followers. What is this school lesson? Well, it involves a combination of bible copying and handwriting.
Michelle and Jim Bob have their children copy from the bible to practice their handwriting.
In the Instagram post, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar explain that they use bible copy to have their children work on handwriting. Then, they proceeded to explain bible copy for anyone who wasn’t sure. And, turns out, bible copying was for more than just handwriting practice. They hoped it would also help their children memorize the words of God.
“I pray that God’s Word will sink deeply into their little hearts and will stay with them all the days of their lives!” They continued to explain.
The post was made on Instagram three days ago. And, it is the first time they have posted in over a week. The last time Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar posted on Instagram was to confirm the courtship of Justin and Claire.
This post has accumulated nearly 20,000 likes and over 200 comments. And, surprisingly, the comments were mostly positive. Which was a little unusual for a post on the Duggar family page.
Instagram followers really liked this post by the Duggar family.
Now, this Instagram account is supposed to be the official account for the Duggar family. We, however, assume it is managed by Jim Bob and Michelle. It is, however, possible they get help from Jana who still lives at home with her parents. The account isn’t as active as some individual members of the family. But, it is common to see a post once or twice a week. Especially when Counting On is currently on television.
View this post on Instagram
Feeling like we are finally back into the swing of things with our fall school schedule! For handwriting practice, we have our children do “Bible Copy,” which is writing out passages of Scripture! I pray that God’s Word will sink deeply into their little hearts and will stay with them all the days of their lives! 📝📖🧡
The post itself featured an open bible and a notebook sitting on the table. The notebook’s page was filled with writing. The caption, as we’ve already mentioned, explained this was one of their children sitting down to a handwriting and bible copying session.
Here’s what their followers had to say.
Overall, their followers really seemed to appreciate this post. And, they loved the family’s commitment to their faith.
- “I love this! I can’t wait until mine are old enough to do that, we’re still working on writing our letters.”
- “My mom had me do this for handwriting as well, 20+ years ago when I was being homeschooled. I had totally forgotten about that until I saw this post.”
- “I used to dread Bible copy as a kid, but im so grateful for how it helped me memorize the books of the bible and even if I didn’t understand the scripture then they pop up now for me.”
- “That’s an awesome idea! I plan to homeschool, please give more advice if you can!”
- “What a worthy way to practice penmanship. Didn’t even think to do that when my kids were younger. How grateful I am that the Lord teaches me in ways even though my children are grown. These are things I can do with my grandchildren someday.”
So, what do you think about the way Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar work on handwriting with their children? Sound off in the comments with your thoughts.
- Suki Waterhouse Defends Relationship With ‘Twilight’ Star Robert Pattinson - August 1, 2021
- Mady Gosselin Shades Jon & Kate, Reveals New Diagnosis - July 31, 2021
- Amy Roloff Gets MUSHY As Her Wedding Countdown Begins - July 31, 2021