Vanderpump Rules fans take sides on Stassi Schroeder’s interview. The former reality star had her post-firing interview on The Tamron Hall Show. On Thursday, September 17, Stassi addressed her past racially insensitive actions and comments.
It was her first interview since Bravo fired her and Kristen Doute back in June. The duo’s exits came after former co-star Faith Stowers revealed that they reported her to the police for a crime she didn’t commit. In addition, Max Boyens and Brett Caprioni were let go from the series after their past racially insensitive tweets resurfaced.
Now, fans are talking about Stassi’s interview and they didn’t hold back.
Some defend Stassi
Vanderpump Rules fans flocked to @_surrules post to share their thoughts on the interview. Most of them supported Stassi. They claim that she’s been bullied by fans of the show. They argued that she should be given a second chance and it’s time to move on.
- “Putting her through the wringer… just seems a bit much!! I miss Stassi.”
- “Stop the bullying and browbeating. She said she was sorry. STOP!!”
- “I miss Stassi! I find it interesting living in this cancel culture! People be careful we all live in glass houses and nobody is perfect except God! #bringherback”
- “We get it; she made a mistake, Bravo fired her, she lost her endorsements. I think the girl has been through enough already.”
- “Such hypocrisy on Tamron’s part. Why doesn’t she ask the BLM why they are racist. Asking for a friend. QUE the Karens now.”
- “We love you Stassi!! 💕💕”
Most of the comments were controversial. Other Vanderpump Rules fans jumped into those conversations to argue with the users. It was intense. While most fans supported Stassi, others think the interview was awful.
Did Schroeder prepare herself for her big interview?
One user wasn’t sure if Stassi prepared herself. Even some Vanderpump Rules fans noted how “awkward” the interview came across over on Twitter. Some noticed that Stassi smiled when she shared her thoughts on the Black Lives Matter movement. In another part of the interview, the former Bravo star referred to herself as a “Karen.”
- “Was it just me or did she seem rather unprepared? I was a bit disappointed in some of her responses… If she’s truly been educating herself, I feel like she should have been able to come up with something better than ‘black people are dying’ … 🥴”
- “I feel like this was the biggest PR stunt ever! That totally backfired.”
- “She needed to rehearse more before this interview. She did not respond well at all. Not impressed. I wish her a safe delivery.”
- “Some of this was hard to watch 😐”
- “She hasn’t learned anything🙄.”
- “You don’t need a teacher, to be taught.”
Despite the backlash, most Vanderpump Rules fans feel that Stassi did a great job. Others claimed Tamron was too harsh on her. However, there were some fans who appreciated the interview. They feel that Tamron gave tough questions, which they feel Stassi answered just fine.
How does the Vanderpump Rules alum feel about her interview?
Obviously, fans aren’t in agreement about Stassi’s interview. But how does she feel? An insider told Us Weekly that the former fashion blogger found it hard to get through her appearance on the daytime talk show. Seems like the source agrees with the Vanderpump Rules fan who thought she was “unprepared.”
“Stassi felt totally unprepared for the interview,” an insider told Us Weekly on Friday, September 18. “She wasn’t in a good mood afterward and felt like she was put on the spot. She built her brand on being candid and funny, and she feels afraid to make any wrong comments or jokes and having them come across negatively, which, in turn, made the interview awkward.”
Nowadays, Stassi is afraid to use her sense of humor. She’s even been quiet on social media. The Next Level Basic author knows that Vanderpump Rules fans are watching her every move. She felt “caught off guard” even though she’s learned a lot these past few months.
She blames Tamron Hall
Another source spoke to Us Weekly about that “awkward” interview. That insider claimed that producers spoke to Stassi and her team about the direction that it would take. Then Tamron went in another direction, which is why it was so hard to watch.
“Producers laid the segments out for Stassi and her team, and everything was all set. And then, to everyone’s surprise, Tamron [Hall] went rogue and took the interview in a completely different direction.”
During the interview, Stassi admitted she had a tough time with people thinking she was a racist. But what she realized is that she’s “not anti-racist,” which is what she’s working. Now, Stassi wants to become “a better person” for her daughter. She also hopes to bring back her podcast, Straight Up With Stassi.
Share your thoughts. What did you think of Stassi’s interview? Sound off below in the comments.
- ‘Spontaneous’ Todd Chrisley Makes Plans With Julie To Ditch Kids - September 25, 2021
- Chase Chrisley Likens Father Todd To A Tornado, And Here‘s Why - September 25, 2021
- ‘Live PD’ Dan Abrams And Sean “Sticks” Larkin Reunite For New Show - September 24, 2021