New information is coming out about the allegations against Colton Underwood. On Friday, Colton’s ex, Cassie Randolph, filed a restraining order against him. Various pieces of information have been surfacing all day. Now, a source is speaking out for Colton and says The Bachelor was totally caught off guard.
Source speaks for Colton against allegations
US Weekly shared an exclusive look at Colton’s side of the story. A source is speaking out on behalf of Colton regarding Cassie’s request for a restraining order. The source said he was shocked by the news. They also shared that Colton has reportedly not spoken to Cassie in a month. They said, “He’s been in Colorado and this was all a surprise. He was completely blindsided.”
Cassie filed paperwork in Los Angeles Friday that cited Domestic Violence Prevention as the reason for her request. She is alleging that Colton placed a tracking device on the back bumper of her car. She is also saying he has been sending her harassing text messages. According to the earlier reports, Cassie also said Colton has been showing up uninvited to her apartment. And, he has also been showing up at her parents house in Huntington Beach. The reports states that Colton admitted to the texts and device on her car.
Supposedly part of this stems from Colton believing Cassie has been spending time with her ex-boyfriend. The source said this was true that she spent time with Caelan Tiongson. They said, “She was in touch with her ex while they were together — the guy that she met on the other reality show she was on before The Bachelor.” They continued, “She was seeing him after they broke up.”
Cassie and Colton became a couple in November 2018. They split in May 2020 shortly after his recovery from coronavirus. He had been staying at Cassie’s families house while he recuperated. A source said, “Colton was absolutely in love with Cassie. It was clear she did not feel the same way about him, which of course, upset him. It was really hard for him. She literally broke up with him as soon as he was healthy enough to move out.”
View this post on Instagram
Feeling so grateful today for officially landing my second to last graduate externship! It’s crazy to think that I’m in the final stages of this program already. When COVID hit, I was nervous about possible delays, so I’m extra thankful 🤍 Let the countdown of my final stretch begin!
The source also said that when they announced their split she wanted to approve Colton’s post before he shared it. To refresh everyone’s memory, Colton said, “It’s been a crazy few months to say the least, Cass and I have been doing a lot of self-reflecting.”He continued, “Sometimes people are just meant to be friends – and that’s okay. We both have grown immensely and been through so much together – so this isn’t the end of our story, it’s the start of a whole new chapter for us.”
According to the source, Cassie was nervous she could lose fans if anyone believed the split wasn’t mutual.
This is still a developing story. Stay tuned for more details as they emerge.
- Peter Weber Hints At Dishing ‘Bachelor’ Dirt After Contract Expires - September 22, 2020
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Tenley Molzahn Gives Birth To First Child With Husband Taylor Leopold - September 22, 2020
- ‘BIP’ Jade Roper Tolbert’s Adorable Maternity Shoot Ahead Of Upcoming Birth - September 21, 2020