There’s been mixed reaction to Erika Jayne. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills co-star used to a fan-favorite. But some think she’s too boring. Even her big break on Broadway as Roxie Hart in Chicago was not enough to keep fans interested.
Of course, there was there whole Denise Richards / Brandi Glanville drama. Erika received criticism for the way she handled it. Viewers slammed her as one of the “mean girls.” Now, she’s getting backlash for using too much Facetune in her photos.
Facetune is an app that changes the appearance of your face. It’s notorious among influencers, celebrities, and reality stars. But fans wish that Erika would stop playing around with her face. They can’t recognize her anymore.
Erika Jayne shares a funny face from the RHOBH reunion
On Wednesday, September 9, hours before part two of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion, Erika Jayne posted this goofy photo of her face. In the photo, she was waiting for filming to begin. She looks up to the ceiling with an uninterested look on her face.
“My thoughts on tonight’s reunion…” Erika Jayne wrote with a series of laughing emojis.
RHOBH fans accused Erika of using too much Facetune on her selfie. They took to the comments section to claim, “New face. Who dis?” Others suggested that she should stop using filters altogether.
“I personally think filters need to go away,” one follower wrote.
“You are unrecognizable. Disappointing considering you’ve always been known for keeping it real,” a second fan added.
But that’s not all. Some fans were really concerned with Erika’s selfie. They know that she likes to keep it real on the show. So, they wanted to know why she would tweak her beautiful face. Meanwhile, others claimed they were scared of her photo.
- “You look bizarre! Is that the filters?”
- “Please don’t do that with your lips. It scares my children.”
- “That’s a mix of A Nightmare Before Christmas and a Plastic Robot!”
- “Who the heck is this? It’s not Erika Jayne and it’s not Erika Girardi.”
- “Please go back to looking like the real Erika!”
- “What’s up with her face?”
Fans clearly didn’t like this photo of Erika’s. But they didn’t mind when she was the face of Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty line. This little bit of backlash hasn’t stopped Erika from sharing another selfie on Instagram. She loves to share her looks, no matter what the haters think.
RHOBH co-star drops new selfie amid backlash
Erika Jayne with a new photo on Thursday, September 10. In the photo, the Pretty Mess author wore a silk blouse and a long blonde ponytail. Erika also wore a full face of makeup and gold jewelry.
“Pre-K,” she jokingly captioned the post. Still, fans didn’t like the photo. Most of them claimed that she looked too different because of the filters she used. Others accused her of going under the knife to alter her looks. Some fans even threw Erika’s glam squad under the bus.
- “She had some work done to her face… she looks like a kewpie doll. Too artificial!”
- “You edited this a bit too much grandma.”
- “So, no job but you pay the glam squad for a pic? Mikey has no taste other than to make you look like a drag queen.”
- “You’re starting to not look real?”
- “Is this a filter?”
- “Oooo you’ve been to @khloekardashian doctor?!”
- “I thought this was Dorit.”
- “Pre K with big a** filters.”
Erika remains unbothered on social media. She very rarely responds to the backlash on Instagram. As for Twitter, that’s another story. She’s responded to haters who criticized her behavior on RHOBH.
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills concludes Wednesday, September 17 at 9 p.m. ET on Bravo.
- Farrah Abraham Flashes Bare Booty, Gets Candid About Plastic Surgery - July 31, 2021
- Did Ariana Madix Change Her Stance On Having Kids? - July 31, 2021
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Malia White Talks Chef Tom Split, Captain Sandy Outing - July 31, 2021