90 Day Fiance fans are not happy with Elizabeth Castravet’s family. They feel that they’ve been nothing but “disrespectful” to Andrei’s native Moldova. Andrei and Elizabeth’s families have come together for the couple’s second nuptials. Ever since Elizabeth’s family landed, they’ve bashed the Eastern European country.
Now, fans are calling them out for being “rude” and “disrespectful.” Some think they’re worse than the Family Chantel for their treatment of Andrei. While Elizabeth’s husband is a polarizing character, most have sided with him this season. They’re tired of seeing the way that Elizabeth’s family treats him and his homeland.
90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After — Elizabeth’s family bash Moldovan culture
Elizabeth and Andrei had their second wedding in Moldova. The couple went forward with their decision, so Andrei’s family could attend. The 90 Day Fiance couple first got married in the U.S., which Elizabeth’s family witnessed, much to their chagrin. Elizabeth’s family joined the festivities.
Ever since they stepped foot on Moldovan soil, they’ve been nothing but critical about the country. Elizabeth’s sisters called the traditional country the “scariest place on Earth.” In addition, Elizabeth’s father, Chuck Pothast, and her brother, Charlie, complained about the climate and infrastructure.
“It’s cold and dreary,” Charlie told the 90 Day Fiance producers. “It’s not Tampa.”
However, most Eastern European countries are colder and gloomier than most states in the U.S. On Sunday night’s episode, Elizabeth’s sister, Jen, arrived with her mom, Pam. She exclaimed how depressing the country looks. It wasn’t the European destination that she expected.
Elizabeth’s family calls the country’s food “peasant food”
In a later scene, Jen also complained about some of the food she tried. Some of Elizabeth’s family members talked about Moldovan cuisine, which includes pork fat. Jen revealed that she’ll probably lose weight since she doesn’t like the food there. However, 90 Day Fiance fans noticed she sat next to a table filled with croissants and fruit. It looked like quite the bountiful feast.
But Jen wanted bacon and eggs.
“I feel like I’m gonna lose weight while I’m here, because this food,” she says as she points to a tray of delicious grapes, “Like I can’t eat any of it.”
Chuck and Charlie talked about the dinners they had with Andrei’s family. Chuck went as far as to call the delicacy “peasant food.” Elizabeth’s family wondered where the closest Cracker Barrel or McDonald’s was.
90 Day Fiance fans slam Elizabeth’s family
Elizabeth has respect for Andrei’s family and his home country. While she still hasn’t learned Romanian, she tries to communicate with his family. She also respects the culture since she agreed to a Moldovan wedding.
Unfortunately, her family doesn’t feel the same way. They’ve complained ever since they landed. And 90 Day Fiance fans have slammed them for their “disrespectful” behavior. Most of them took to Twitter and Reddit to criticize the family. Here are just some of the comments on an infamous Reddit thread:
- “It p****ed me off to no end when Elizabeth’s family criticized Andrei’s parents’ feast as ‘peasant’ food and poor quality. Especially when these two look like their blood is 90% McDonald’s fry grease and idea of fine dining is Olive Garden.”
- “That whole family is disgusting and disrespectful. You don’t walk into someone’s home and act that way and expect them to be quiet when they’ve tried to be respectful in yours. It’s a mutual respect taught around most of the world.”
- “Also, look at the food they serve at parties. The closest they get to homemade is taking the lid off the container. They should be honored to have such a great variety of food from a place they’ve never been (and chances are, won’t be invited back to). Andrei’s parents seem like lovely, generous, kind people!”
The drama is just getting started. Elizabeth’s family will continue to mock Moldova and its culture.
Andrei's Mom spent HOURS cooking gorgeous, expensive feasts for Libby's family, and they have the audacity to call the food "disgusting", "shit", "peasant food", "stale" & "trash"?? How fucking DARE they.
— The Watcher (@TellyTubbo) August 24, 2020
Andrei’s mom literally spent hours making this amazing table of food just for Libby’s family to call it “Peasant Food.” Libby’s family is absolute TRASH. #90DayFiance #90DayFianceHappilyEverAfter pic.twitter.com/vEBPnx66R8
— Marwa (@MarwaNYC) August 24, 2020
— Kena George (@kenag73_kena) August 24, 2020
— Toni Wynn Key (@toni_key16) August 24, 2020
— Denielle (@denielle05) August 24, 2020
Peasant food?? I’m so tired of Libby’s family being uppity. I see fruits and bread on the table, shut the hell up and eat. And respect other people’s culture.#90DayFiance #90DayFianceHappilyEverAfter pic.twitter.com/GxFSfIG6j3
— @Amanda90DF (@AmandaOhSnap1) August 24, 2020
90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After? airs Sunday nights at 8 p.m. ET on TLC.
- Who Stole The Spotlight At The ‘Below Deck’ Season 8 Reunion? - February 24, 2021
- Elizabeth Frankini, James Hough On ‘Below Deck’ Guest Cabin Regrets - February 24, 2021
- Is ‘Below Deck’ Eddie Lucas Dating One Of His Crew Members? - February 24, 2021