The Bachelorette production is on pause due to the coronavirus pandemic. Now, there is an update on the show. The ABC dating series was to premiere on Monday, May 18. However, fans will have to settle for the Bachelor spinoff series, Listen to Your Heart, to get their love fix. The new show premieres on Monday, April 13, and was to conclude before The Bachelorette.
The show shut down amid the public health concerns that grip the world. Clare Crawley was supposed to meet her men at the Bachelor mansion last month. Chris Harrison and Reality Steve provided an update on the future of The Bachelorette.
Chris Harrison gives an update on The Bachelorette
In his interview with girlfriend and ET correspondent Lauren Zima, Chris Harrison said that The Bachelorette is first priority. He has hope that the series will air sometime soon. We could watch it as soon as this summer. ABC wants to film this show as soon as the pandemic dies down.
“I mean, we would be over halfway done [with filming by this point], and Clare might be narrowing down finding the love of her life,” Chris explained. “How exciting – and I hate that that is stolen from her at this particular time.”
Clare and her contestants returned home after filming shut down on March 13. The original plan was to resume filming two weeks later, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, the show has no set date to resume filming again. Chris feels that filming could resume as soon as this summer, but there’s still too much uncertainty to confirm anything.
“In this quarantine time, I am never going to say never to anything again,” Chris explained. “It is unprecedented. We have never dealt with this, our schedule – like everyone’s – is ripped apart. We had a calendar. It is completely in the shredder.”
ABC remains hopeful about resuming filming. Chris previously said that the same group of men may be available to film again after the shutdown. However, that’s still up in the air, much like the show itself.
Reality Steve says the show could film at a resort for five weeks
According to Reality Steve, the show could experience a major shakeup. Clare’s season of The Bachelorette is resuming production, but only behind the scenes. The crew is interested in filming at a resort for the entire five weeks of filming.
“I have learned that The Bachelorette is looking to film the entire series in one location,” Steve reveals on his podcast. “That means all the dates, and the cocktail parties, and rose ceremonies, and the cast, would all live in one resort for the whole time of filming. Zero travel.”
Steve said that a “very, very good source” told him that production wants to kick the guests out of the resort so their crew can have the entire place to themselves. This would be the best solution for the safety and health of everyone involved with the show.
“Basically, what I’ve heard is they would get there and everybody would be tested,” Steve continued. “And once everybody passes the test, assuming everybody passes the test, since they’re never leaving that area, they don’t have to worry about testing and testing every week or two.”
The new season of The Bachelorette won’t have any hometown dates. There won’t be any more spoilers than this since the set will be closed off to insiders. This will make Clare’s season even more interesting. The pandemic could change the entire Bachelor franchise as we know it.
What are your thoughts on Clare Crawley’s upcoming season? Are you looking forward to it? Sound off below in the comments section.
Check back with TV Shows Ace for the latest updates on The Bachelorette.
- ‘Below Deck Med’: Lexi Wilson Actually Liked Her Crew Members - July 27, 2021
- Is ‘Below Deck Med’ Courtney Veale Afraid Of Hannah Ferrier?! - July 27, 2021
- Candace Cameron Bure’s Mini ‘Fuller House’ Reunion Has Fans Talking - July 27, 2021