Duggar cousin Amy King took to Instagram a few days ago to share a couple adorable snapshots. The photos featured her husband Dillon King and their son Daxton.
According to the caption, it was the first night daddy made an attempt to put Daxton to sleep on his own. It, however, resulted in a very precious and sweet moment of Daxton and daddy falling asleep together. Amy King gushed about how sweet the moment was. She also jested how much it made her want additional children.
Unfortunately, Amy King’s snapshot sparked a heated debate over co-sleeping.
The unfortunate truth is being a member of the Duggar family isn’t easy. Anything and everything you do is criticized. Amy King posted what she thought was a few sweet photos of a very tender moment with her husband and son.
Some of the individuals who followed her on Instagram, however, couldn’t keep to simple complements. Instead, some of them took issue with Daxton sleeping in the same bed with his father. Co-sleeping quickly became a debated topic.
View this post on Instagram
Last night was the first night Daddy tried to put him to sleep on his own without me! It's so important that they have their own night time routine and sweet bonding time without mom around! So I was in the next room getting some work done and I hadn't heard them in awhile so I decided to check on them… AND y'all …. MY O V A R I E S !! 😍💯 babe if you see this let's adopt like 50 children!✔❤ you're the best Dad! What a perfect unfiltered moment. I'm so glad I walked in!;)
The tension in the comment section of her post became so heated that Amy King addressed it on her Instagram Stories. She clarified that Daxton does not co-sleep with her or her husband Dillon. Her son has his own bed where he is safe. She, however, noted that it wasn’t uncommon for her or her husband to snuggle with Daxton. Sometimes she’d find herself getting so cozy with her son she’d fall asleep.
Her followers had all sorts of thoughts and opinions on her recent photos.
Fortunately for Amy King, some of her followers were not interested in discussing co-sleeping. They just wanted to gush about how sweet the photo was. This, after all, was why she shared the sweet snaps in the first place. Others, however, were more interested in discussing co-sleeping. Here’s what some of the people in her comments had to say:
- “Please stop bed-sharing, it increases the risk of SIDS by 400%, and it only takes one time for something to happen.”
- “Bed sharing and co-sleeping are two different things. Cosleeping is baby in the same room as parents, bed sharing is baby in an adult bed. There is no way to safely bed share. Sleeping in the same room reduces the risk, sleeping in bed with parents increases the risk by 400%. Bedside bassinets go against the ABCs of sleep, and are not safe.”
- “People claim there are safe ways to bed share. Even going by those standards, baby surrounded by pillows is not safe. This is a cute picture, but an unsafe situation.”
Naturally, not everyone thought co-sleeping was a bad idea. Moreover, some were quick to bash the individuals who felt the need to offer parenting advice to Amy.
“Always some “perfect mom” posting their scientific “facts” instead of just being like wow that’s a beautiful moment! @amyrachelleking beautiful picture ❤️ mom of 5 breastfeeding bed sharing baby wearing mama!!!” One individual penned in response to the negativity.
Overall, people seemed to have pretty mixed feelings about whether co-sleeping is safe for Daxton. Duggar cousin Amy King, however, was quick to clarify they don’t actually engage in co-sleeping. It was just a sweet moment. That’s all.
- ‘Sister Wives’: Are Kody & Robyn Brown About To Be Homeless?! - June 12, 2021
- Adam Busby Seeks Advice On Hummer Upgrade, Wants It Bigger - June 12, 2021
- Adam Busby’s Birthday Wish Granted: Finally Gets His Hummer - June 12, 2021