Shameless coming to an end was heartbreaking news for fans. It, however, wasn’t surprising. It, unfortunately, was something a lot of Gallagher fans saw coming.
Many Shameless fans believe the series has gone down hill.
The unfortunate truth is all good things come to an end. There are many Shameless fans that believe the series should have ended a few seasons ago. According to the chatter on social media, some believe the series took a nose dive when Fiona Gallagher (Emmy Rossum) exited the show.
Here’s some of the Facebook chatter on PopSugar’s announcement on the series ending.
- “I love the show but this season has definitely gone a bit downhill. I hope they bring back Fiona and Jimmy/Steve to give that some more closure. And Lip needs to go back to school!!!”
- “I’ll miss the show but I do think it’s time to end it. No sense in dragging it out like Grey’s Anatomy. I hope Fiona appears in some of the final episodes. #LoveGallaghersForever😊❤️”
- “Great show, but I think it’s ran its course.”
- “It was such a great show, but should have ended a lonnnng time ago!”
- “I definitely saw this coming honestly.”
The U.K. version of the series also ended after 11 seasons.
One big reason many fans of the series weren’t surprised is because of the U.K. version of the series. While the U.K. and U.S. versions of Shameless both went down completely different paths, they did start out with almost identical pilot episodes.
Perhaps the biggest reason fans believe the series was ending is because Emmy Rossum exited the series. Some fans have insisted Season 10 of the series hasn’t been very good because Rossum’s character is no longer part of it. Fiona was, after all, the glue that held the Gallagher family together. So, it makes sense for Shameless fans to feel this way.
What do fans hope to see during the series finale?
Shameless fans have pretty high expectations for the finale of Shameless. They hope the writers will do the characters a great deal of justice. Most hope for an ending similar to the ending Ian Gallagher got when Cameron Monaghan left the show during the middle of Season 9. Most, however, do not want an ending similar to what Fiona had during the end of Season 9. Many believed her character wasn’t done justice.
One idea is for the series to come full circle and end the way it began…. Fans want to see the family around a fire with Frank narrating about everyone. Many also want to see Fiona and Jimmy appear for one final episode.
One thing we know for sure is this is a series fans will greatly miss. Goodbye Gallaghers. It’s been fun.
Stick with us at Tv Shows Ace as we keep you updated on Shameless and all if its cast members.
- ‘Bull’ Season 6: Release Date, Spoilers, & What To Expect - September 27, 2021
- Emma & Alex Johnston Are All Smiles, Looking Forward To BIG Week - September 27, 2021
- ‘Sweet Home Sextuplets’: Courtney Waldrop Reveals Eric Broke Their New Bed - September 27, 2021