OutDaughtered fans heard in October last year that quint Hazel got some new eyeglasses. But, the girls are growing up, becoming more adventurous, and accidents sometimes happen. Now, her new glasses “bit the dust,” says her Dad Adam. But, fortunately, they had a backup pair of specs.
OutDaughtered star Hazel Busby’s new eyeglasses didn’t last very long
TV Shows Ace reported in October that Hazel got some new eyeglasses. Of the four-year-old quints, she’s the easiest for fans to pick out as she wore glasses since she was tiny. She’s also a red-head. Fans adore the charming little girl and they root for her because she suffered eye surgery at the age of one-year-old. Hazel suffers from Nystagmus, Cheatsheet reminds viewers.
According to the American Optometric Association, the condition causes “eye-rolling.” Naturally, this causes vision problems. The site notes, “Rarely, surgery is performed to change the position of the muscles that move the eyes.
While this surgery does not cure nystagmus, it may reduce how much a person needs to turn his or her head for better vision.” And, OutDaughtered‘s Hazel already had one surgery. Then, she got new glasses, but they didn’t last very long.
Adam Busby says Hazel’s eyeglasses ‘bit the dust’
Taking to his Instagram on Wednesday, Adam Busby shared a photo of Hazel wearing pink glasses. Adam captioned his photo with, “Thank God we got a backup pair… big girl glasses bit the dust.” Fans asked Adam how it happened, but he never replied. However, some fans think she looks awfully cute in the pink pair.
OutDaughtered fans left some comments on the photo and the news about the broken eyeglasses. Here’s what some of them said about Hazel:
- “Those are cute too, but I know she loved her big girl one’s! (SIC)”
- “What a smile! 💕 Parent win for having a backup! A lot of people don’t make that a priority for their kiddos.”
- “Bless her! Adjusts so well!!!”
- “Uh oh. Will she be getting new ones? I like her fuzzy vest. So cozy.”
- “Been there so many times! Hazel is the cutest!”
- “She had them for awhile, she did pretty good for an active 4 yr old (SIC).”
- “Cutest little 4 eyes ❤️.”
- “Thank God Hazel’s eyes have strengthened & her focus is aligned❗ 🌟😊❤️👣🎁🙏🎉.”
Hazel’s big girl glasses
In the last season of the show, we saw Hazel on her way to the eye specialist. Danielle told her that as she’s four now, she needs to get some “big girl” glasses. She told Hazel, “you’re gonna be cuter than ever.” As the OutDaughtered mom pointed out, they’d be her “first pair of fragile glasses.” The family stressed a bit as the doctor told them that if the new glasses don’t help they might face yet more surgery.
They also hoped that Hazel would be “mature enough to tell [her parents] if the new glasses are helping her or not helping her.” Well, presumably they helped, as fans never heard otherwise.
What do you think about Hazel’s new “big girl” glasses biting “the dust?” She’s very active these days, so a backup pair’s an excellent idea. Sound off your thoughts in the comments below.
Remember to check back with TV Shows Ace often for more news about the cast of TLC’s OutDaughtered.
Latest posts by Woryn Jay (see all)
- ‘MAFS’: More Spoilers About Zach And Mindy Emerge – Did He Cheat On Her? - January 21, 2020
- Duggar: Joy-Anna And Austin Forsyth Fans Hate On Follower Who Talkes About Teeth - January 21, 2020
- Bachelor Nation Fans Of Luke P Felt The Show Villainized A Good Man – Want him Back - January 21, 2020