90 Day Fiance star Avery Mills claims that Walmart employees were making Islamophobic comments about her. She felt uncomfortable during her recent shopping trip. It resulted in her becoming the target of hate. The 19-year-old tried to ignore the employees’ hateful comments, but it obviously got to her. She needed an outlet where she could let out her feelings about the situation.
Avery Mills recalls Islamophobic incident at Walmart
The TLC star tweeted that the incident started with two employees who discussed on “how America isn’t how it used to be and how Trump needs to take out the trash and looked at me.” While she tried to ignore their comments, she clearly felt uncomfortable. The 90 Day Fiance star also said that the employees “assumed” that she didn’t speak English.
“They pointed at me and [said] do you think she can even afford any of that and the other one said maybe with her welfare check from our taxes,” Mills tweeted. “I called them out for it they tried to kiss my butt and they no longer have jobs.”
“Trump didn’t need to take out the trash bc I did,” she added.
In the series of tweets, Mills revealed that she got the employees fired. She also agreed that the employees were “right” about America not being what it “used to be.” As reported via People, a spokesperson for Walmart revealed that the alleged incident is currently being investigated. In addition, Walmart released a statement saying they don’t “tolerate discrimination of any kind.”
“We take Ms. Mills’ claims seriously and are looking into this,” the statement said.
Fans don’t believe the ’90 Day Fiance’ star
Mills has become a polarizing figure on the TLC show. Most assume that she’s too immature to get married. During her season on the reality series, some viewers felt that she acted like a rebellious teen who was desperately seeking herself. Others argued that she acted like a spoiled teenager who treated her mom poorly.
Fans don’t believe what happened to her as a result. After blogger John Yates posted Mills’ incident on Instagram, 90 Day Fiance fans had a field day. Here’s what most of them thought of the incident:
- “I guess she had a great witness to have the power to make Walmart fired [sic] an employee,” one fan wrote.
- “That’s such b.s. grow up little girl and stop telling lies,” another one added.
- “right Avery. Someone assumed some WHITE girl with green eyes didn’t speak any English. I hope she got the attention she desperately needed with this bulls**t,” another wrote.
- “We will add this to the book of things that never happened. Avery always has some wild a** story about places she goes. Just like on the show, she’s a loudmouth looking for attention. I don’t believe it one bit,” another fan remarked.
Reality star fires back at critics over her relationship with Omar Albakour
The 23-year-old has already received her share of criticism for her decision to convert from Christianity to Islam and to marry Albakour, a fellow Muslim from Syria. While Mills is from Columbus, Ohio, it’s unclear where the young couple currently lives. Mills often posts pictures of herself with her husband. In a recent post, one 90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days fan commented on her choice to wear a hijab, as reported via Showbiz CheatSheet.
“I’m curious how your American female friends feel about your choice to convert to a religion/culture where women are/never will be considered equal to a man?” the online troll said.
Mills fired back, “Tbh they ask me if Omar has a brother and they always tell me how proud they are of me.”
The critic then retorted by writing, “I’m not that gullible but thanks anyhow.” Other 90 Day Fiance fans quickly came to Mills’ defense and said the troll was reinforcing stereotypes. The reality star didn’t seem to be bothered by the anonymous hater. But that doesn’t mean she should have to deal with discrimination on a daily basis.
What are your thoughts on Avery Mills’ alleged incident at Walmart? What are your thoughts on her always having to deal with discrimination everywhere she goes? Sound off below in the comments section. Don’t forget to check with TV Shows Ace on the latest news on the cast of 90 Day Fiance.
Latest posts by Chanel Adams (see all)
- ‘Love Island USA’ Host Arielle Vandenberg Has A Heartwarming Message For The Late Caroline Flack - February 16, 2020
- ‘Bachelor’: Victoria Fuller Apologizes For White Lives Matter Controversy, Bachelor Nation Begs To Differ - February 16, 2020
- Andi Dorfman Has No Interest In Being The ‘Bachelorette’ Again - February 15, 2020