Honey Boo Boo and big Sister Pumpkin work to be in a good place right now, but it’s hard on them. Both of them took to their Instagrams this week and posted about how it’s “ok to not be ok.”
Fans of the Mama June family poured in to offer encouragement and support. That’s because fans of the show admire Pumpkin for taking in her little sister, taking over the role of mom.
Honey Boo Boo fans rally to support her and big sister Pumpkin
Fans of WEtv’s Mama June: From Hot to Not know that the last season showed Mama June going down the plughole with drug problems. TV Shows Ace reported on various problems since then, including alleged escalating drug and gambling issues. Then came the news that attorneys stepped in to protect Alana (Honey Boo Boo’s) money.
June apparently sold off the house, is estranged from her daughters, and hit the road in an RV. We also noted that June allegedly refused to lose Geno in favor of her daughter.
It’s been a hard road for Alana. After all, she’s adjusting to real school now. Plus, Pumpkin’s gone from being a mom to a toddler to a mum to her 14-year-old sister. All the while, she’s trying to navigate being a wife, as well. So no wonder some days they girls get a bit down. No matter how bravely they deal with their circumstances, one thing’s certain. Loyal fans step up for them with encouragement.
Pumpkin shares her it’s ‘ok to not be ok’ post on IG
Yesterday, Honey Boo Boo’s big sister Pumpkin took to her IG and shared a photo with a sad but positive tone to it. She captioned it with: “It’s okay not to be okay. I’ve been through the ringer and back.”
But she offset it by also saying: “I can’t wait to see what the future has in store.” Many fans stepped up straight away to encourage her. Here’s what some of them said to her:
- @beckyt1973: “You and your little family are the only reason we watched the show. You are one stand up Big Sister and Mama. Keep your head up! This too shall pass!”
- @sassy_sara_: “The show should continue with your immediate family and Alana. The whole franchise was started bc of Honey Booboo and her life. It should continue as so and her new life with you, school and gigs.”
- @shirleygaryaz: “What doesn’t break you makes you stronger! Your one strong young woman and you should be proud of yourself!”
- @faith_griffey_79: “Stay brave, stay strong. It will pass soon! Show Alana and baby girl what a strong woman looks like.”
- honeybee1961: “There are so many young people that look up and admire you. I know I’m 58 years old I sure as heck admire you. You are such a beautiful lady and a great sister, mama, and wife I’m sure. The future has great things in store for you.”
Similarly, fans also went over to Honey Boo Boo’s page to share their love for Alana.
Alana shares a sad and heartfelt message to her fans who pour in their support
On her Instagram a few days before Pumpkin, Honey Boo Boo posted a similar message. It makes one think that these two women sat together and talked about things. Perhaps their mutual support for each other prompted a similar message. She shared a silly photo of her sticking her tongue out. It’s become a bit of a trademark for her to make silly faces to hide her feelings. But, her message indicated that she’s hurting bad inside.
Honey Boo Boo captioned her photo with, “It’s ok not to be ok sometimes it’s hard to follow your heart doesn’t mean you losing everybody bruising.”
Loads of Honey Boo Boo fans stepped up for the teen.
Follower @cindiburns810 noted, “Last night I binged watched Mama June From Not To Hot. It made me cry thinking what your family has been going thru with the whole world watching. It must be very hard. I hope you are doing well.”
Many similar messages of love and prayers went out to Alana.
What do you think about both Mama June’s daughters sharing their “it’s okay to not be ok” messages? It certainly sounds very troubling. Did you send a message of love and support? Sound off your thoughts in the comments below.
Remember to check back with TV Shows Ace often for more news about Honey Boo Boo.
- ‘DDWTD’ Karen Cuts Teen Darian Derrico Loose – First Taste Of Freedom - June 28, 2021
- Emma Johnston All Teeth, Enjoys Spicy Sweet 16 Bash With Friends - June 28, 2021
- Amy Roloff Says ‘Never Goodbye’ But ‘Til We Meet Again, Dad’ - June 28, 2021