Teen Mom 2 fans heard from Kailyn Lowry on Twitter Monday, April 1. Granted, it was April Fools’ Day, but she seemed serious as she asked fans for help with MTV. Actually, it came where for once, they portrayed her as quite a nice person. Kailyn said that she’s tired of them showing her as “bitter.”
Teen Mom 2 fans respond to Kailyn Lowry’s request for help
Of course, Kailyn comes with almost as many haters as fans, but those who love her responded nicely. Not that MTV listens to their fans much, as we know. However, many of the Teen Mom 2 Team Kail fans agree they usually show Kailyn bitter and twisted and harping on about her baby daddies. In fact, that’s totally in contrast to the Kailyn we see on her Coffee Convos podcast.
In her tweet, Kailyn wrote, “Can y’all please let @MTV know that y’all like me being me & happy on
#teenmom2 instead of bitter & talking about baby daddy bullshit?” One fan responded by noting that Kailyn’s less likely to get portrayed like that if she stands up for herself. Actually, we see a stronger Kailyn this season, who’s not afraid to say when she behaves badly, and apologize.
— Kailyn Lowry (@KailLowry) April 2, 2019
Supporters chime in on MTV and Kailyn
Kailyn’s Teen Mom 2 supporters stepped up to say what they thought about MTV’s portrayal of Kailyn. Here’s what they said about it:
- @col**: “The you we see on tv and the you we hear on your podcast are two very different people. Why give Kail such a one-sided edit mtv?”
- @cod**: “It’s great they did it for one episode and for once focused on who you truly are instead of drama for ratings but would they have done it if you hadn’t rightfully stood up to them lately? They likely went back and recut the episode to try to make you happy.”
- @ren**: “Yes we love seeing this side of you!! That’s why I love coffee convos because we get to see the real Kail!”
- @son**: “@KailLowry I love you as a mom you always put your kids first! Idk why @MTV likes to show only the bad side of the moms. Your awesome mom, ur a inspiration!”
One person, @realmrhousewife, said, “Not that this will change anyone’s opinion BUT I know @KailLowry personally + she is sweet, honest, sincere, real, and loyal. And it’s sad you don’t get to see that in [an] edited TV show… #TeenMom2.”
MTV’s Teen Mom 2 and the current season
Season 9 of Teen Mom 2 opened with Kailyn meeting up with Javi’s pregnant girlfriend, Lauren Comeau and she came across as unreasonable. TV Shows Ace reported back then that “the soccer match actually hinted at a very icy future on Teen Mom 2, judging by Kailyn’s attitude. When very pregnant Lauren started kicking the ball around, the pain and hurt on Kail’s face radiated off the camera.” Since then, the show took us through more of the life of Kailyn, and only once did they show her as nice.
What do you think of Kailyn Lowry asking fans for help with MTV? Do think she’s serious, or just playing an April Fools’ Day joke? Shout out your thoughts in the comments below.
Episode 13 screens on April 8, and we’ll see “Kail gets a surprising call from Jo’s wife about their child support battle.” Remember to check back with TV Shows Ace often for more news about Teen Mom 2.
- Did Hazel Busby Miss Invention Camp After Enjoying Daddy Camp? - June 17, 2021
- Mama June Shannon Gets Major Slap About Her Weight Loss Claims - June 17, 2021
- Amy Roloff Is Excited About Her Wedding, But Is Chris Marek? - June 17, 2021