How will Dynasty say goodbye to Alexis Carrington, as Nicollette Sheridan is leaving the CW show? Why is Sheridan departing this major role, and could the Dynasty producers resurrect Alexis Carrington and bring her back to wreak havoc on the unsuspecting Carrington clan?
Nicollette Sheridan As Alexis Carrington Leaving Dynasty CW
Nicollette Sheridan shocked fans in late February that she was out as Alexis. According to TV Line, the former Knots Landing actress chose to leave the show to help care for her mother who is battling stage 4 cancer. This was quite a surprise as this was Sheridan’s biggest role since she was on Desperate Housewives.
Why did the soon-to-be ex-Alexis Carrington share this news before her departure? This is rather odd for a soapy show that is all about surprise and cliffhangers. Yet, this is not the first time that a Dynasty actor has announced their departure before their character left Atlanta.
The original Cristal Flores Carrington, Nathalie Kelley, shared with E! News that she was off of Dynasty CW months before Season 2 began. This seemed like an odd time to make an announcement after the big fire cliffhanger that ended Season 1. But, the talented Dynasty writers managed to weave this story into the old Cristal being the “fake Cristal,” and they brought in Ana Brenda Contreras to replace her. This transition has been remarkably smooth.
Alexis Carrington’s Last Episode Is March 22
Nicollette Sheridan has already shared on her social media accounts that her last episode will be on March 22. The title of this episode is called “Mum’s The Word.” After returning from Paris, Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) and Sam (Rafael De La Fuente) are having a hard time trying to keep from burdening their father with the news about Steven (James Mackay). This gets even more complicated with the arrival of a mysterious stranger, presumably the “real” Adam Carrington. Now that Blake (Grant Show) is preoccupied with his complex family, Cristal is paired up with the hot, and totally single Culhane (Robert Christopher Riley) to deal with a crisis in the Carrington family’s new soccer business. Sounds like nighttime trouble!
For a character-ending episode, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of Nicollette Sheridan here for fans to say goodbye. She is not even mentioned in the preview! What goodbye surprises could the Dynasty writers have in store for Alexis Carrington?
Who Could Play Alexis Carrington In The Future?
Will Alexis Carrington be killed off? That is a possibility, although the Dynasty producers have indicated that there is also a possibility that they will recast the role of the role that Joan Collins made famous. There are many possible actresses that could easily step into the role of diabolical Alexis Carrington. Who are some possibilities?
- Melinda Clarke would be an obvious choice. She had previously worked with Dynasty producer Josh Schwartz on The OC as Julie Cooper. Melinda is incredibly talented at making bad characters more complex, and likable. This talented actress would be fabulous as Alexis Carrington.
- Jeri Ryan, who was best known as Star Trek Voyager’s Seven would also make for a great Alexis Carrington. She has a huge following that could be appealing to the Dynasty producers.
- Jennie Garth could really sink her chops into a character like Alexis Carrington. Will the 90210 reboot plans keep her from portraying the villainous Alexis?
- Jaime King may be way too young to play Alexis, but if they are going to bring in a new actress, why not make her younger as well? Jaime has a lot of screen presence and can knock someone down with just a stare. She was on Josh Schwartz’s Hart of Dixie, and she would fit in with the biting Southern charm of the rebooted Dynasty.
- Teri Hatcher, a Desperate Housewives alum like Sheridan, is also a possibility. She played her iconic role as Susan quite sweet, so she may enjoy a meatier role like this. She may enjoy the opportunity to revive her career.
What do you think about Nicollette Sheridan’s departure from Dynasty? Do you think that they should find another actress to play Alexis Carrington? Share your thoughts below.
Latest posts by Georgia Makitalo (see all)
- Hallmark’s ‘Christmas At Graceland: Home For The Holidays’ Is Not A Sequel - December 8, 2019
- ‘Alaska The Last Frontier’: Jane Kilcher Tired Of Fans Fat Shaming Her, Family - December 8, 2019
- Hallmark’s ‘Write Before Christmas’ Is Romantic ‘One Tree Hill’ Reunion - December 8, 2019